Comparing Orthodontic Teeth Aligners
When it comes to straightening your teeth there are more options today aside the typical silver metal braces. Metal braces don’t always fit everybody’s needs when it comes to orthodontic treatments. Instead, many are turning to some of the newer, more innovative orthodontic treatments and aligners.
There are multiple teeth aligner systems available today that are quickly becoming more popular over conventional braces. You and your orthodontist can discuss your specific situation; what you and he want to see as your final end result, and decide which orthodontic system will help you achieve your outcome.
Some of the most popular choices over the original metal braces are:
Invisalign offers several different systems. Depending on your condition, needs and the severity of your alignment issues, your orthodontist may recommend one of the following Invisalign systems:
• Invisalign Teen – A great plan for teens who are still getting their premolars. Space is left in the aligner to make room for the premolars to grow. The aligners come with a tracking system – blue dots that fade as the aligner is worn. This way your ortho tracks how much you’re wearing them. Because teens tend to lose things, they’ll also get a couple replacement aligners with the package that runs about $1699.
• Invisalign Assist – This plan involves periodic impressions of your teeth that are sent to Invisalign. This is a monitoring system that ensures your teeth are moving according to plan. If not, adjustments are made to the aligner to get you back on track. This plan cost approximately $1699.
• Invisalign Full – The original product of Invisalign set-up to treat typical orthodontic cases. To get the original Invisalign aligners, the cost is about $1649.
• Invisalign Express 5 and 10 – These are both for less extensive ortho work with one offering 5 aligners for adjustments and the other, 10. They are cheaper than other systems are run $599 for 5 aligners, and $899 for 10.
The advantages of Invisalign are the aesthetic look and comfortable feel as compared to normal metal braces and most dental insurances will pay approximately $1000 toward the cost.
Similar to the Invisalign, Simpli5 offers orthodontic treatments for less severe ortho cases. Five aligners are made to use and change over a 10-12 week period.
Typical cases the Simpli5 are designed to help are:
• Post orthodontic refinement
• Minor malocclusions
• Minor refinements following braces treatments
• Correct relapse in orthodontic treatment
Simpli5 most often cost less than traditional braces care. Your orthodontist can give you an exact cost after his exam since it will vary case-to-case and office-to-office.
Miniature and Clear Braces:
For a more appealing look to your mouth than a regular set of braces gives, mini and clear braces can treat your malocclusion dental problems while being less noticeable and less distracting of your looks. With clear braces you’ll hardly know you’re wearing any. Adults like the non-obtrusive treatment and say they are more comfortable. Both mini and clear braces can help correct your malocclusion orthodontic problems. Minis are about 30% smaller than regular braces and can take up to about 2 years for full treatment